The Original


Sorry for the cryptic title, but in some ways, it's true.

I displayed this piece during the BFA show...but in reality, it's nothing more than a ink doodle.  I wasn't too happy with it either, since I tend to not think when I doodle...and when it came time to put her feet in - I ran out of room.

I was about to throw it away when Halie told me that it was actually worth saving.  I was surprised, because she has no feet.  But, she saw something that I didn't, so I kept it in my sketchbook.

When it came time to judge our works for the show, this piece ended up in my enormous pile of submissions (I'm sure the professors rolled their eyes, since I literally did submit like, 20 pieces.)  And, to my surprise again, they picked it amongst all the others, even over the rendered crows that I liked.  (Didn't they see that she had NO FEET?)  


I guess it just goes to show you that getting caught up in extraneous details will cause you to miss the big picture.


Comments

  1. love this img., good this you saved it. :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's good to have friends who can see what you yourself can't.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts