New month, new goals, and wow the time is flying by!


Hello everyone!


So, the last time I posted, I talked about Lightbox Expo - and I had a PHENOMENAL time. It was sincerely awesome. I can wholeheartedly recommend that event to anyone interested in the entertainment industry, and it was so nice meeting some of my art heroes. I also spent WAY too much money on books and goods, but it was all so worth it.

Fun fact: My only goal was to network, catch up with old friends, and make new ones - and I succeeded by a long shot. WITH FOOD. What a powerful tool food is.

---

Speaking of goals, I've been without a solid goal for a month now. And as a goal-oriented person, this has wrecked havoc on my routines and sense of purpose. But I didn't want to rush into my next goal because I had potentially THREE of them.

I have tossed around the idea of pursuing my Masters of Fine Arts before, but, to be honest - it still doesn't hold any appeal to me. I only started seriously thinking about it when I couldn't really think of any other options.

But then this happened:


My friend Alan came by to help teach and do some demo storyboards, and I also made my own to teach from. Long story short, I asked "Hey, do you think I should do the storyboard test for Final Space season 3?"

Alan: "Absolutely."

Me, internally: "Well, dammit."

And now, here we are! I am running the gauntlet to teach myself storyboarding and have a viable portfolio in...what - two months? This is insane.

I will also be working and developing my graphic novel(s) on the side as well because my desire to have something be printed is at an ALL TIME HIGH.


Regardless, at least I have a goal to work towards now?

Comments

Popular Posts