Well, I'm back?



Hey! It's been a very long time (I say that a lot on this blog) but truly, it has been.  A lot has happened since my last post, but rather than going on and on about life and the like, I'll bullet point it out:

Since the Dad jacket comic, I've done the following:

  • Left that graphic design job after 2.5 years, also had freelance work for Warner Bros Sutdios for Bunnicula
  • Got married in 2016
  • Found out I had hyperparathyroidism in 2017, got it fixed
  • started taking Java classes at OCC in August because why not? And I really enjoyed it
  • Got my first job in the animation industry as a Jr. compositor for Final Space Season 1
  • Then kept on getting jobs for compositing (Bojack Season 5, Cosmos Season 2)
  • Also started teaching at CSULB while on COSMOS - Art 390, Figures in Context class (gesture drawing)
Now after a crazy busy, blessed 2018 - I was ready to take a break.  A long break. So I decided to only focus on teaching for now (from going to doing two jobs 6 days a week to only 1 job 1 day a week - what a change haha). 
And I'm currently working on finishing up the mobile game that got seriously delayed because of my super busy season of work (hoping to complete EVERYTHING by end of April). 

And, I want to focus again on my own work and studies - I have a few ideas as to what I want to do - but I do have a hard deadline for September 9th, when the Lightbox Expo is happening in Pasadena! So I have...very little time to revamp my portfolio actually (which can be seen here: sjputros.carbonmade.com)

Anyhow, it's good to be back :).

See you all soon!
- Sarah



Comments

Popular Posts