Before the Fall

Things have been incredibly busy on my end, but I have a bunch of good news!
First of all, our game is finally, FINALLY DONE! We just released open beta and with a few tweaks, it will be finished and out in the world!
Here's some of the artwork I re-polished for our game and also made business cards with!






Speaking of business cards, I accidentally scribbled a snazzy cool stamp/logo for myself and I actually really like it. If you look closely, you can find the s, j, and p - for my initials of course.

My priority skills have been a mess lately because everything is happening at once. In less than two weeks, the new semester starts, and so does my new class that I will be teaching! Next semester I start Intro to Animation. It's a course that is supposed to act as an appetizer of sorts for the art of animation - which means I will be introducing them to the entire pipeline for animation. A daunting task to say the least, but it's meant to be an appetizer course. Of course, I have never been one to feed people lightly, so I'm going to do my best to CRAM IN AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. (I am also creating a new website for my other class - it can be found here!: www.art291.com)

But! I also am now drawn to doing what I've been wanting to do since the start of the year - make graphic novels and comics. I want to paint little story moments from our game, and potentially make an entirely new level because I'm insane.

And on top of that, I am going to the Lightbox Expo next month, which also means I have to organize my portfolio and get my life together which is far too much to ask of me right now. (But I at least ordered business cards and stickers.)

I have been spending way too much money this month collecting teaching materials and art books but- they're all necessary. I know I will continue to use them with that class and with the other classes I may be potentially teaching. I guess I am really going all in with this teaching thing - with exception to getting a foldable crate cart. Somehow, my pride won't allow me to. Even though I am (STILL) carrying over 30 pounds of stuff to and fro my car.

I'm sure I will cave in at some point but not today Satan. Not today.

Icon Art for Garden Warrior!

Also here's an LOL bonus:
I didn't buy that blasted foldable crate, but I totally got an ice cream maker. Hey it's an important part of the teaching and creative process alright?!

 





Comments

Popular Posts