Older, hopefully wiser, but definitely slower (and I'm okay with that)




Hey! A lot of radio silence over here because I've been busy celebrating my birthday (HELLO THERE LEVEL 32).  Finals are coming soon for my students, so I need to prepare for that as well.

That being said, my trip to Japan is coming up VERY soon (read: around two weeks from now) and I need to pick up the pace on several things! Initially I wanted to replace all the enemy animation before we went to Japan, but that's not looking feasible anymore, seeing how it's already April 29th and we only have one enemy fully animated (still have to give one more animation cycle to Dawood for the ant!).

So, I've decided to focus my energies on the actual enemies that exist in the game right now - and the next one up is the Shielded Munster:
He's needed an upgrade from his older model since we realized we needed him to have an actual shield, rather than just having his belly like how I designed it before:
We still want him to be one of the widest enemies in the game, but there's a big difference between designing something to look cool and designing something to look cool AND move. (At least in my experience).

---

Another plan that has been occupying my mind is that I fully intend to paint and draw while in Japan - which means location sketching. I'm very comfortable when it comes to drawing people - drawing locations are a completely different story.
So, I want to do an art crawl while traveling between Tokyo, Kyoto, and Osaka - documenting not only the people and food, but hopefully the places as well.
Mateusz Urbanowicz has been an endless source of inspiration for me, and I really hope I can get more comfortable with location sketching to create some nice pieces and memories while overseas.
My husband also bought me a gimbal to travel with as well - so I look forward to taking videos of our trip on my phone - hopefully I won't drop it :/.

Anyhow, Back to work for me!






Comments

Popular Posts